See more of Clint's Photographs

11 June, 2009

Guess what I found

Today was the first day in almost 2 weeks that it wasn't raining and cold. I was driving the Gator through the pastures looking at the potential for hay when I happened to see a deer at the opposite end of the field I was in. I stopped and watched, she was definitely watching me, finally she started to move as if she was going to move out of the pasture, then she stopped. I thought I saw a fawn, but wasn't sure. She made another move away from me and finally she took off across another pasture. If she had a new baby, she would probably be trying to distract me to keep me away from the fawn.

I stayed at the gate for several minutes, until I was sure I saw the fawn, drove the Gator to the house, got my camera with the 400mm lens and headed back to the pasture. I did not want to get too close to the fawn and disturb it or it's mother. Mom was no where to be seen so I planted myself far enough away that I would not be spooking the fawn in hopes that it would be close enough for a picture. Twice in 30 minutes it peeked it's head out of the tall grass, I got 8 pictures, this is the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment